After an illustrious career in MotoGP, Dani Pedrosa retired in 2018. In honour of his retirement, Deus Ex Machina were asked to build a custom motorcycle for the likeable racer from Spain.
When he was asked to create a bike for Dani, Michael ‘Woolie’ Woolaway didn’t beat around the bush and it wasn’t long until he came up with a concept for a bike based on Dani’s favourite motorcycle style.
For someone like Dani, Deus Ex Machina wanted to make this bike truly meaningful. With Dani being a Honda rider, it came as no surprise that the CR500 motor was the perfect centrepiece, fitted with a hand-built chromoly frame and body works that embodied a healthy mix of Americana and dirt track DNA.
The finished bike can only be described as a certified weapon – a custom sword for the ‘Silent Samurai’ himself – Dani Pedrosa.
– 1985 Honda CR500 Motor
– Hand built Chromoly frame
– Davie Durelle adjustable triple clamps
– Ohlins 43mm Dirt track forks
– Race Tech hand built shock by Jimmy Wood
– DOT street legal Dirt track tires
– Lectron Carburettor / Hand built by the owner
– Saddlemen seat
– Body Work all hand made out of 1100 O Aluminum
– 19in Wheels build in SoCal at Dubya
Watch The Silent Samurai Full Documentary on Red Bull TV: https://win.gs/silentsamurai